Thursday 15 September 2011

Initial Ideas - #2

Today I designed some inital sketches to help me visualise what I wanted for my music video.


The picture above shows my idea that the woman being referred to in the song could be a silhouette throughout the entire video, which would connote the idea of the man (the singer) watching her from outside and also possibly keeping the woman's identity a mystery. The silhouette of the woman would contrast against a colour (e.g. yellow) of the walls inside her home.

This idea could be compared to (and may now take inspiration from) the way this is done throughout the short film 'Humdrum' (Aardman).



This sketch demonstrates how I could film my music video using cel/cutout animation.


However, I would let the background lie flat on a table rather than stand up to avoid sudden movements.



These images also demonstrate ideas I had for shots in the music video. In the first one, the birds in the sky are pulling the blue sky away and bringing in rain clouds / nighttime. In the second, a box surrounds the edges of the frame and there are traditional "cartoony" houses and a crescent moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment