Thursday 15 September 2011

Initial Ideas - #1

I have a love of animation and I could see this song working perfectly in this medium. Yesterday and today I had been expirementing with ideas of the look I wanted, before seeing how this could be done.

My vision of the style for the music video refers to opening and closing title sequences, specifically from the films 'Bolt' (Disney) and 'Catch Me if You Can' (DreamWorks).







For my music video I decided I wanted to adapt the style of animation used in these examples - not to be confused with the actual content of the videos themselves, or the project would effectively be a short film. This definitely seemed like the style I wanted to use - the only two problems would be how to achieve the look, and also time management.

Both of these two title sequences (one end credits and one opening credits) use a form of traditional (2D) animation which was shot digitally on the computer. I have had experience with this in my own work outside of school before. However, I decided not to go for this option because it would be too time consuming, and even then it may not have had the professionalism needed, as previously I have used readily available software such as MS Paint, Flash and (very briefly) Photoshop.


Instead, I looked at more traditional methods of conveying the same effect, going back to simple cel animation and cutouts, as displayed in the diagram above. I aim to shoot a very simple test clip this weekend to see if this would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment